To FICA or not FICA
Any reputable and licensed betting operator in South Africa will require their punters to FICA their account. This is something the law requires and there is no way around it but to simply verify your identity. This has been set in motion to protect you from fraud so it is not something you should see as an inconvenience.
However to encourage this extra step to be taken some online betting bookies offer a FICA bonus to all punters that complete this step.
FICA was introduced to South Africans back in 2001 and is one of the top methods/securities to help fight financial crime such as fraud and money laundering. By ensuring your account is FICA compliant you are also ensuring the withdrawal process is quick and seamless. Often when punters wish to withdrawal large amounts from their accounts they need to provide proof of ID this is made easier when an account has already passed the FICA process.
How to FICA
You will need to submit some documents it’s about as easy as that. But, what documents you ask?
- A copy of your ID (Drivers license, Passport, ID Book – must be valid and not expired)
- Proof of address (Utility Bill, Bank Statement, phone bill – no older than three months)
You will need a digital copy of these so that you can upload or email them to the relevant address. The betting company will outline the process to you so make sure you find the FICA section on their website.
Make sure of the following
- Your ID photo, ID number and your name must be legible in your copy
- Colour copies work better for ID
- Your proof of address must be legible and match the address you supplied when registering your account
- Try to keep your file size below 4MB for easy uploading
Once you have completed the FICA process and all has been approved you can deposit and withdraw from your account with ease.